Holy Trinity Parish was established September 1st, 1882, with less than 200 parishioners. Father Louis C. Ohle was assigned as our first pastor. The first church was built on what is now the present site of Trinity High School on Shelbyville Road.
In 1883 the parish school was opened in a room of the rectory and staffed by the sisters who came from the Ursuline Motherhouse on Lexington Road.
By World War II, Holy Trinity had grown to about 3,500 persons. In 1953, a new church, convent, rectory, and school were constructed at the present location on Cherrywood Road. That church was converted to the current common area - and Monsignor Charles C. Boldrick built our current, modern church in 1969 when the parish numbered about 1,100 households. In 1987, renovation of the convent, renamed McDonough Center, was completed and parish offices were moved there from the priests' home. In 1995, pastoral offices were moved to the rectory. In 2005, as part of a renovation, the parish offices were merged with the offices of the school administration.
The Church was closed for renovation on Trinity Sunday of 1996. Archbishop Thomas Kelly presided at the dedication of the newly renovated worship space on February 22, 1997.
In 2000, as our school enrollment increased, McDonough Center was torn down and a new school entrance, computer lab, media center, science lab, as well as additional classrooms were built.
In November 2004, under Father Chuck Thompson's leadership, the Parish undertook a capital campaign, called One in Faith. This campaign was of a three-fold nature: to eliminate the past debt, to address the current structural and space needs, and to establish parish and school endowments for future needs. In 2005, additional office space and classrooms were built.
In 2007, we celebrated our 125th Anniversary as a parish.
Holy Trinity has had seventeen pastors in our 125+ year history. Father J. Mark Spalding became our pastor in 2011.