Many Clubs and Activities are offered after school to our students in Kindergarten through 8th Grade. All of these activities involve not only our teachers and students, but also our parents.
- Quick Recall academic teams are open to students in 4th-8th grades. Teams of 4 students at a time compete in a timed match to answer questions based on all content knowledge areas. Students compete in the Archdiocesan CSAL League. Some of these students continue on to compete in the KAAC’s Governor’s Cup & 6th Grade Showcase Quick Recall league as well at the district, regional, and sometimes state level.
- 6th Grade Showcase and Governor's Cup for 7th and 8th grade students encourages students to showcase their academic excellence in various competitions. Students compete in written assessment exams in Arts & Humanities, Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies, as well as a Written Composition essay writing competition. Quick Recall and FPS are also included in these annual competitions. Tryouts are required.
- KYA, or Kentucky Youth Assembly, works to teach students a better understanding of our government system in regard to the legislative branch. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, along with their coach, will look at laws they feel need to be added to the Kentucky laws. The students will research various ideas before deciding upon a bill to write. Students will write the bill, support the bill, and then argue and defend their bill at Youth Assembly. The top chosen bills will be presented at the Kentucky State Congress by those students.
- KUNA, Kentucky United Nations Assembly, works to teach students about the needs of individuals living in other countries, as well as educate our students about various cultures. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, along with their coach, will look at the needs of other countries and adopt a specific country. They work together to write a proposal for the United Nations to review to aid that country. Students present the proposal, as well as provide supporting evidence and facts as to why it is a necessary action for the UN to take at this point in time.
- Book Bee is open to students in 4th through 8th grades. Twelve students can be on each team (4th, 5th, 6th, or a combined 7th-8th grade team). Students work to read and know 12 different books for competition.
- Student Council leaders in 6th-8th grade serve our school and parish with “Leadership Through our Faith, Academics, Community, Environment, and Service activities”. Activities include our school recycling programs, various community and school service projects, serving as leaders at week day and weekend liturgies, organizing Catholic Schools Week activities, and fundraising efforts to support our school’s Derby Week festivities and other initiatives.
- Yearbook will work together to put all of our school year memories into one book! 5th-8th grade students will work with all of our individual yearbook photos, team photos, and classroom photos to help us showcase all of our great memories.
- School plays and musicals are offered to students of all grade levels at various times throughout the year. There are separate musicals for students in K-2, 3-5 & 6-8. Sign-ups occur during the school year and musical selections vary each year based on availability.
For more information on any of these activities, please contact our Director of Student Activities, Ashley Davenport, at firstname.lastname@example.org